Pages

Apr 3, 2015

The Betty

Despite working in the West Loop, I really haven't had an opportunity to try out all the new bars and restaurants that seem to be constantly popping up. So I was excited when Alyssa suggested that we get drinks at The Betty after work on Tuesday. The Betty is a new cocktail bar on Fulton Market.

The Betty made a good first impression with its decor - although I'm not sure that I enjoyed the curtained entryway (I felt like I was walking into a private event). The space definitely has an old-fashioned, retro vibe and is complete with a player piano! While we happened to be there on one of the rare warm days this spring, the bookshelves and leather couches suggest it would be a cozy place to get a drink when the weather is less hospitable.




While I've been a little turned off gin since our trip to Chicago Distilling (The Betty has a G&T option with Finn's Gin), the cocktail list had plenty of other options. I decided to try the Maximillion - a tequila based cocktail with ancho chile liquer, hibiscus syrup, mole bitters and sparkling wine. I was definitely not disappointed in my choice and probably would have had another had it not been for my empty stomach! Alyssa tried Le Grand Dame - a cocktail with gin, bitters, mint, lemon and grenadine. A lot of others were ordering this, too, so I imagine it is a good seasonal drink choice.




The Betty also has a selection of food - small and shared plates. We didn't have any, but it all sounded good and probably is, as the head chef is from Avec. The Betty would be the perfect place to bring a date (or have an after work lady date). I'd definitely go back to try some of their other cocktails, but, hopefully, I'll also get the chance to try out some of the other West Loop bars soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment